Welcome Members

On this page you will find helpful information and links. Please contact your Local Union directly if you have any further questions or are in need of assistance.

LiUNA Links

Frequently Asked Questions

+ I have a problem who should I speak with?

You should call your Local Union. They are there to help you.

+ What is my Local Unions' website, phone number, and address?

  • 355
    • Website:
    • Address: 1500 E. Columbia Ave. Battle Creek, MI 49014
    • Phone: 269-962-8010
    • Fax: 269-962-1431
  • 499:
    • Website:
    • Address: 3080 Platt Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48108
    • Phone: (734) 971-5212
    • Fax: (734) 971-0094
  • 1075:
    • Website:
    • Address: 7024 N Dort Hwy. Mount Morris, MI 48458
    • Phone: (810) 686-8381
    • Fax: (810) 686-1906
  • 1076:
  • 1098:
    • Website:
    • Address: 345 E. Morley Dr. Saginaw, MI 48601
    • Phone: (989) 752-6146
    • Fax: (248) 334-0584
  • 1191:
    • Website:
    • Address: 2161 West Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48208
    • Phone: (313) 894-2241
    • Fax: (313) 894-6250
  • 1329:
    • Website:
    • Address: 1800 N. Stephenson Ave. Iron Mountain, MI 49801
    • Phone: (906) 774-6070
    • Fax: (906) 774-1199

+ How can I check my benefit status?

There are two ways to check your benefit fund information. You can call or visit the fund administrator directly or you can use their website to login and check your fund information.

If you would like to call, their phone number is (877) 645-2267 and their address is 6525 Centurion Dr Lansing, MI 48917.

If you want to check your benefit status on their website visit

+ How do I become eligible for healthcare?

Healthcare eligibility begins after a Member works their first 700 hours within 6 months or less. After reaching that requirement, there is a 1-month administration period needed to enroll a new individual into coverage. Healthcare insurance will begin the following month. For example: If a new Member works 700 hours in 3 months from May to July, they are eligible for healthcare coverage. The following month, in August, the fund administration office takes the steps to enroll them. Then, at the beginning of the next month they will be covered and will receive a card in the mail. Existing Members who have been eligible in the past that are currently not eligible need to work 350 hours within 3 months to re-enroll in coverage.

+ How can I add a dependent to my healthcare?

You need to complete a Membership and Record Change Form, include the dependents social security number, and submit copies of marriage, birth, or adoption records to the fund office. You can submit the documents to the fund office through mail, in person, or fax.

Fund office address: 6525 Centurion Drive Lansing, MI 48917-9275

Fund office fax: (517) 321-7508

+ What does our healthcare cover and how much is the out-of-pocket max?

This depends on whether you are in the Outstate or Metro Laborers Healthcare plan. Both plans have no monthly premium and provide very good coverage.

For detailed coverage information, please contact your Local Union or consultant the Healthcare Summary of Benefits book. For the most up to date copy of the Healthcare Summary of Benefits book, please contact the fund administrator, TIC.

+ What is the Michigan Laborers Union drug testing policy?

Members of our Union are regularly drug tested at jobsites and some hold training certifications that require routine drug testing. Please contact your Local Union if you have additional questions about drug screenings.

+ I was working but now I am not; what do I do?

Call your Local Union and ask to be placed on the Out of Work List. Each Local Union maintains a list of Members who are out of work and available to go back to work.

+ How many hours does a Laborer have to work to receive a Pension credit?

You become an active participant in the Plan after you have been credited with at least 870 hours of work in a 12 month plan year. Our plan year begins on September 1st, and ends on August 31st.

+ How do I become vested in the Pension?

An active participant is vested when he has attained at least 5 years of service.

+ When can I retire?

You can retire at 30 pension credits or index 85; which is your pension credits plus your age. Age 60 is regular retirement age.

You can retire early, but it may reduce your benefit amount. Everyone sitution is different, contact your Local Union or the fund adminstrator for the most updated information.

+ How much will my pension be?

Member's pension benefits depend on the years of service and what plan they are a participant in. Call you Local Union or the Fund Office for detailed information.

+ How can I sign up for a training course?

Your Local Union can sign you up for training at one of our four training locations. Contact your Local Union for more details.

+ Where are the Michigan Laborers Training Centers located?

  • Perry: 11155 Beardslee Rd Perry, MI 48872 - (517) 625-4919
  • Wayne: 5555 Cogswell Road ayne, MI 48184 - (734) 729-7005
  • Iron Mountain: W-8008 South US 2 Iron Mountain, MI 49801 - (906) 774-5703
  • St Joseph: 211 Hilltop Road St Joseph, MI 49085 - (517) 625-4919